October is halfway over and today I am sharing pumpkin recipe #3 of 5. This weeks post also features a special blog hop at the end where you will find links to several other fall inspired recipes from some of my closest blogging friends. If you are looking for a new recipe to inspire you to start baking or cooking, I feel certain you will find at least one to try.
Like last week’s recipe, this week was another first for me. Believe it or not, I had never made muddy buddies before. Why? I have no idea. But I am starting to think I was better off that way, since I can’t seem to keep my hand out of the bowl.
This was such a quick and simple treat to make. It would be perfect to put in some fall treat bags to hand out at a party, snack on while watching a fall movie or bring with you to a bonfire or fall celebration.
There are SO many ways you can make your own variations of this easy mix. I threw some fall candy corn mix in mine, to make it a little prettier to photograph, but I have a whole list of other ideas that would also be amazing in this treat.
*Almonds or another nut you love
*Craisins or raisins
*Mini Chocolate Chips
- 6 cups Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Ghirardelli Caramel Chips
- 1-1.5 Cup(s) of any ingredient or combo of ingredients (see list above for inspiration)
- 1) Pour the 6 cups of check into a large bowl or pan and set aside.
- 2) Melt the chips in a microwave safe container, stirring every 30 seconds, until fully melted and smooth.
- 3) In a separate bowl mix the powdered sugar and spices until fully mixed.
- 4) Pour the melted chocolate over the chex and mix well, completely covering all of the cereal.
- 5) Pour and fold the powdered sugar mix over the wet cereal until it is completely covered.
- 6) Optional caramel drizzle: Melt some of the caramel chips and drizzle over the mix. These will later break off a bit but the flavor they add is SO good.
- 7) Optional add ins: Mix in your toppings.
- You can also garnish with some cinnamon sugar as well.
My girls have loved snacking on this simple sweet treat and I know your family would too.
Fall Recipe Blog Hop
For more great fall recipes, be sure to check out these fall inspired treats