There are approximately 4 flavor combos that are guaranteed to win you some major points with me. Pumpkin spice, coconut (no globs of shredded stuff please), lemon or key-lime, and s’more. Today’s post is all about that magical last one and celebrating the holiday, that celebrates it.
Did you know that National S’more day is coming up in less than a week?! My girls have been BEGGING me to make s’mores with them all the summer long and now, thanks to a ” national holiday”, we have the perfect excuse to indulge.
To prepare for the upcoming “big day”, I am teaming up with 11 other bloggers to inspire you with some creative ways to celebrate. From s’more inspired desserts and snacks to exciting twists on the classic treat, you’ll find a little bit of everything.
What is my contribution, you ask?!
No-Bake S’more Pie!
This super simple dessert is so easy that a child could make it, and one practically did. Marissa has been more and more eager to help me in the kitchen lately so whipping up this treat with her was a lot of fun. Minimal ingredients, minimal steps and a no-bake pie at that. It is the perfect summer twist on s’mores.
- 1 package (3.9 oz.) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker crumb crust
- 3 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 Cup milk chocolate chips
- 1) Whisk 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk and pudding mix in medium bowl until well blended. Pour into crust.
- 2) Microwave 2 cups marshmallows and remaining 1/4 cup evapmilk in uncovered bowl for 30 to 45 seconds; stir until smooth. Let stand for 15 minutes. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spoon mixture over chocolate layer; smooth with spatula.
- 3) Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Top with remaining 1 cup marshmallows and morsels.
- For a gooey topping CAREFULLY brown marshmallows under broiler or use a butane torch.
I would like to make this again with a homemade crust or it could be a fun layered dessert as well. There are several ways you could make this a very versatile treat.
How will you celebrate with s’mores on Monday?!
Preparing for #nationalsmoresday with some #smore inspired #recipes on the blog! Click To Tweet
S’more, S’more Recipes!
For more s’more inspired recipes, be sure to check out these posts!
Beth @ Our Pretty Little Girls ~ S’mores No-Bake Pie
Stephanie @ Wife Mommy Me ~ S’mores Muddy Buddies
Danielle @ A Sprinkle of Joy ~ S’more Cheesecake Bites
Sarah @ Foxy’s Domestic Side ~ S’more Cake Pops
Heather @ My Glittery Heart ~ S’more Martini
Jessica @ Secrets of a Stay at Hom Mom ~ Baked S’mores
Dara @ Not in Jersey ~ S’mores Round Up
Deena @ Shoes to Shiraz ~ Mess Free S’mores
Becky @ byBMG ~ S’more ways to do S’mores
Danielle @ Sparkles and Lattes ~ Golden Graham S’mores Bars
Emily @ Three Boys and Girl Blog ~ S’more Brownies
Johannah @ The Sirois Family ~ S’mores Dip