This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerTastes #CollectiveBias
Summer is in full swing now which means long busy days, endless barbecues, and warm weather.
When I think of summer I think of living life to the fullest, unwinding, relaxing, and enjoying the flavors of summer with friends and family. Two of my favorite flavors, that it just wouldn’t feel like summer without, are Gold Peak Tea and Barilla Pasta. Today I want to share how this fantastic pair can brighten up your next barbecue as well as a delicious, simple recipe that might leave your guests calling you the hostest with the mostest.
On a recent shopping trip to our local Wal-Mart we decided to stock up on a few essentials. Some recent barbecues and parties had left our existing stash low, when I found a coupon deal $1 off when you buy any two (2) 64 fl oz bottles of Gold Peak Tea on Coupons.com AND an Ibotta offer for Barilla – Buy 3 products and earn $1. Valid on all Barilla Blue Box Products and Barilla Pesto Sauce, I knew the time to stock up was now.
I also picked up a few ingredients to make the perfect summer pasta salad. My friend Liz had shared about a Pesto Pasta Salad and I knew that Barilla Pasta’s al dente perfection would be perfect to recreate my version with. My recipe is quick, easy, and can be prepared ahead of time. It is the perfect dish to eat at home with the family or at a shared meal with others.
Pasta, fruits, and veggies are staples in a Mediterranean diet, which is considered one of the worlds healthiest diets.
- 1 Box Barilla Cellentani ( I only used about 3/4 of the box)
- 8 oz Fresh mozzarella
- 1-1.5 Cups Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Bag of arugula
- 1 6.3 oz Jar of Barilla Traditional Pesto Sauce
- 1) Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- 2) While the pasta is cooking cube the fresh mozzarella and slice the cherry tomatoes in half.
- 3) When the pasta is cooked rinse for a few minutes under cold water to stop from further cooking and cool so it doesn't melt the cheese cubes.
- 4) Mix the pasta with the pesto, cheese and tomatoes.
- 5) You can now choose to mix in a couple handfuls of the arugula or serve the pasta over a bed of arugula. If you plan on leftovers, I would choose to serve over the arugula.
- Refrigerate in a covered dish for 3-4 days.
I had achieved summer pasta perfection in less than half an hour. But what meal is complete without the perfect drink to pair it with? And what better drink to pair it with than Gold Peak Tea.
Looking for a refreshing drink to cool off with this summer grab some @GoldPeak tea. #ad #SummerTastes Click To Tweet
This sweet tea is so refreshing and convenient. I can grab one on the run or pour it over ice into one of my mason jars. Gold Peak also comes in several flavor varieties too.
I’m not sure how long the pasta will last or how quickly the tea will disappear. But I do know where I can go to pick up more and that my family is fully enjoying their summer and the flavors that come with it too.
What is your favorite summer flavor?
Be sure to check out more great summer recipes!