For one year I have been interviewing the girls for a monthly series, The Kids Behind The Blog. It’s the perfect way to shift the focus onto my little ladies and remember the only reason I started this blog, to document my girls. There are a whole lot of perks to “a bloggers life” that I never expected when starting out. This blog started out more like a journal of my life as a mom and the things I did with my girls. Posts that remind me of those early blogging days always make me smile.
I know, I know, I’m a few days early. But special plans this week meant posting early. The link-up will open first thing Wednesday morning and you will be able to add your posts then. Just think of my early post as a friendly reminder!
This months questions come with a “summers over, let’s get back to school” theme. A theme that seems oh so perfect since we start our home school year tomorrow!
Oh how I miss you already summer break!
1. What was your favorite thing you did over the summer? Marissa // Go to the pool?!
Emily // Going to the pool.
2. What’s your favorite thing to learn about at school? Marissa // Science
Emily // I like coloring, crafts and art things.
3. Who is your best friend from school? Marissa // *weird look* Emily *She goes onto explain that I am her friend too, but I don’ think I made the cut as her best friend.*
Emily // Huh?! *weird look* Uh, sissy.
4. What do you want to be when you grow up? Marissa // A vet
*This one came as a bit of a shocker. Every time I have asked her this question she has always replied a mommy. I’m not gonna lie, it made me a little sad. But I think I recovered well.*
Emily // A mom
5. What is your least favorite thing about school? Marissa // MATH!
Emily // I don’t like to write things down, letters.
So this months shocker was Marissa’s career path change. Now if I can figure out how to take writing out of Emily’s school work we will be all good :/. Oh those girls. I just love them so much.
Next months questions are…. What is your favorite sport? Why?
If someone gave you a million dollars what would you buy?
Tell me 3 things that kids do better than mommies and daddies. What is your favorite thing to do in the fall? Share with me 3 things you like about yourself.