So as much as I have made it totally clear that I wasn’t a fan of February, there were still a lot of pretty amazing moments too. Birthdays, a sweet baby girl, time spent with friend, and donuts… SO many donuts. In case you were unaware, donuts are my love language. I guess that might also explain why we are only a few
weeks days away from spring and I am terrified to try on my shorts 😕 … Moving on!
First off I want to say a huge thank you to those of you who participated in this photo challenge. Whether it was all 14 days, some of them, or encouraging others to join, I really appreciate all of you and your support. I am also thrilled to say we had 739 photos use our hashtag as of the morning of February 15th! Not to bad for a photo challenge that was announced only 36 hours before it started. With one successful challenge under my belt, I really hope to host more photo challenges in 2017.
Since planning and executing photo prompts requires a lot of planning, creativity and work I thought it would be fun to recap and share my photos with you today. You may have already seen them over on Instagram, but you very likely may have missed some of them too.
It’s Valentine’s Day, the day of love!
In all honesty we haven’t always done a lot to celebrate Valentines Day in previous years, but we have tried to step up our game recently. Why? Because we have little girls! Just because I’m not a “mushy” romantic doesn’t mean that they won’t be. I want them to know that love is worth celebrating (and not just on Valentines Day). So today we celebrate because those sweet little girls are watching and showing them a good example of marriage is always something we find ourselves working to do.
I feel like y’all know so much about me and not so much about the people who mean the most to me, my family. Today I want to highlight those who are the nearest and dearest to me and share a little more about them. What they like, dislike, and a few reasons that I love them.
Let’s take a look at what I completed…
* Get back to regularly scheduled programming after the holidays.
* Find a few new bloggers to read and engage with in 2017.
* Work on planning out the next couple months and find some new linkups to join.
* Have 2 family game nights.
* Create a winter bucket list to keep us busy until spring.
* Have 1 family movie night.
* Find some new workout routines.
* Get out the door on gym days by 5:00 a.m.
* Open my Bible more.
* Resume classes with a smile on January 3rd… today. (Just think of me, smiling through the pain, right now.)
* Decide if we want to participate in our co-op project fair. Pick projects if we do.
* Celebrate Russ #37!
* Plan ways to log our year better.
* Start planning Valentines festivities.
It’s the month of love!
Not only does today kick off the month of February, it also kicks off my very first Instagram photo challenge!
I am so excited y’all. I have toyed and toyed with the idea of hosting a challenge but have never taken the plunge. My biggest reason to not go for it has been a fear of failure. I mean, I have only completed 2 photo challenges in like 3 years since mom brain generally gets the best of me. It seems pretty obvious that I am totally unqualified to pull this off.
Or am I…