Once a month I like to play a little shopping game called $10 at Target. The idea is to go to Target, walk around, and see what you find. Sounds easy enough right?! The real trick is the goal of only spending $10. I know what you’re thinking right now, it can’t be done. But I assure you that with some self-control and focus it is possible. Shocking, I know.
On my $10 trips I mostly just walk around and see what I can find. I usually snap lots of photos and I try and keep my rule of not “wasting” the $10. To help out I ask myself: What do we need, what have I been looking for and what is too good of a deal to pass up. Then on the third Monday of every month I give all the details about what I found and extend the challenge to you.
This months trip was a little nontraditional, (I’ll explain more later.) but the girls did join me for a chunk of it.
Let’s take a look at October’s finds
I think my Target did a restock in the Dollar Spot. There were LOTS of cute Thanksgiving options.
- Stamps $3, Could be fun for crafting
- Banner $3, I have been looking for a fall banner
- Pie Boxes $3, Cute, but I probably wouldn’t use them.
- Leaf Stickers $3, I bet someone could do something super cute with these.
There was lots of stuff for the girls and Santa should probably go back soon and do some shopping. Marissa LOVES crafting kits and Target had LOTS on clearance pretty cheap.
- Scented markers $4.88, We need some new markers and I bet they would LOVE scented ones.
- Craft kit $8.48, Perfect for Marissa.
- Pool rings $1.48, Because we live at the pool in the summer.
- Timer/Bookmark $4.48, This would be great for the girls, especially in the summer.
- 4th of July Earrings $3.98, They did fight over our one pair all weekend last summer.
Lastly I’ll share the randomness. Target had LOADS of randomness this month but I narrowed it down to a few favorites
- Mechanical pencils $1, I love having mama pencils around and these would be fun.
- Golden Rhino $6.48, Because why not :P!
- Strawberry huller $4.24, I always wonder how much I would use something like this. I do love kitchen gadgets.
- Open toe booties $26.58, Not exactly in budget, but too cute not to share.
So in the end what did I pick?
I had to get the banner because I have been looking for a fall one and it’s plaid. The other two shirts are to put away for Emily next summer. Emily has a nickname, ‘Hand Me Down Emily’. The poor kid rarely gets new clothes of her own but when she does, they almost always have Minnie on them. I couldn’t pass up these super cheap finds.
How did it add up?
In the spirit of honesty, I kind of cheated. I had grabbed the shirts for Emily just days earlier off the clearance rack. My first thought was “Oh, I should make this my $10 at Target post!” But I realized I was too short on time to snap photos. Plus Russ was with me and would tease me mercilessly for my photo snapping anyways. So I went back another day and “finished” shopping.
But just to prove I was good, here is my break down.
Gray Tank $1.80
Minnie & Mickey Tank $4.48
Grand Total 9.53
Another month well under budget!
I can’t even wait for next months trip I plan to hit the stores up as soon as the Dollar spot is stocked with Christmas goodies! Plan now to join us on November 21st!
Now it’s your turn!
Grab the button and join the fun!
Becky at bybmg // Instagram // Facebook // Pinterest
Beth at Our Pretty Little Girls // Instagram // Facebook // Pinterest
Courtney at Sweet Turtle Soup // Instagram // Facebook // Pinterest
Elizabeth at Chasin’ Mason // Instagram // Facebook // Pinterest
Rachel at Garay Treasures // Instagram // Facebook // Pinterest
Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me // Instagram // Facebook // Pinterest
Tif at Bright on a Budget // Instagram // Facebook // Pinterest
Whitney at Polka Dotty Place // Instagram // Facebook // Pinterest
What have you found at Target lately?
Loading InLinkz ...