Fourth of July was a bit odd this year. First off, Russ had a 4 day weekend to celebrate. I could totally get used to that! Secondly, we did our “real” celebrating, with all of our traditional 4th of July festivities, on the 3rd. Friends, fireworks, food, and cherry pie #Merica. So when the 4th finally arrived, and it decided to rain for pretty much the entire day, it wasn’t’ the grand finale that I hoped it would be. Unfortunately you just can’t control the weather.
Today I wanted to share a few photos that I snapped through the weekend as well as some weekend highlights. Because let’s be real… you don’t want a detailed run down on all 4 days and I don’t want to take the time to write it all up either. Sigh! Doesn’t being honest feel good? 😆
So, in no particular order, here we go!
* This was a weekend for friends! We hung out with friends at the library, swim, lessons, and the annual 4th of July party that we look forward to every single year.
* I finally made the time to doodle a chalk board. It is rather unimpressive and simple, but sometimes those under 5 minute boards are my favorites.
* Russ worked on Trixie (an old car). She has been giving us problems off and on since she’s been running so we are making one last ‘hail Mary’ attempt before we cut her loose… but even if she is perfection after this tune up, she’s probably still getting the ax. We never planned to keep her forever.
* I made WAY too many yummy breakfast treats this weekend. I should probably have eggs or salad for breakfast for the entire rest of the month as punishment.
* We went out to the land for two reasons. #1 We officially have water! #2 We met the builder!!! It was super exciting to talk about logistics, finally. I’ll write-up a post with more details about all of that soon enough. The worst news is that he said end of September, early October now… that is a week or two later than we had thought.
* Saturday was the second running of Daytona for the year so we obviously watched. It has been so long since we have chilled on the couch with a race on the TV. It was the perfect way to spend the evening.
* I read an entire book this weekend, Paris for One by JoJo Moyes. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t love it either. It was kind of boring really. But I am told it isn’t her best book so I’ll try another.
* Russ’ parents took the girls to see Despicable Me 3 on the 4th. I kind of wanted to go see it too, but a kid free afternoon won.
* A decent chunk of the weekend was spent staring at house plans. We ended up gaining 3 feet in my living area which was exactly what I needed to make all of my kitchen dreams come true. It is CRAZY how much of a difference 3′ makes when doing blue prints.
* I spent the morning of the 4th working on the budget, #Iknowhowtoparty. Actually I am almost embarrassed to admit that is how I spent my holiday morning, but it is.
* After staying up until the 4th, past midnight, we all slept in til after 9:00 on Tuesday morning. Glory, glory! The fact that it was dark and rainy made sleeping in that much sweeter.
* We watched a movie outside with friends. Over memorial day we watched Karate Kid part 1 so it only made sense to watch part 2 for The 4th.
Our weekend was lovely. It was just the right mix of fun and relaxation.
And just think, tomorrow it’s Friday again!
What was the best part of your weekend?
Recapping the best parts of our #fourthofjuly on the blog today! #weekendrecap #otb #blogged Click To Tweet