This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SingWithPost #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
In our house cereal is food royalty. It’s breakfast, it’s a snack, and on those rare occasions it might even end up being dinner. One of our favorite brand of cereal is Post. Post Cereal has something for the whole family. With their wide variety of options, everyone is sure to find one (or ten) cereals they love.
I love that cereal can be used in so many ways. It goes way beyond a bowl and milk. Over the past year I started playing around with cereal recipes. Today I want to share one of our latest favorites with you.
On a recent trip to Wal-Mart I stocked up on Post Cereals. Not only was our stash running low, but they currently have new packaging that incorporates the new SING movie. There is also a SING National Sweepstakes going on, giving you a chance to win $100,000 or free movie tickets.
Entering the sweepstakes is easy! All you have to do is enter the codes that are printed inside the box into the sweepstakes website! The more you buy, the better your chances are to win.
With our cereal stash replenished, I decided to try something new, cereal muffins. I like to keep breakfast on hand for everyone, no matter what their schedule looks like. Russ is a grab and go kind of guy so having things he can eat on the run is important. I reached for the Grape Nuts to create a muffin with lots of flavor and texture. I couldn’t be happier with the results.
- 1 cup Grape-Nuts Cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon. baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (may sub vegetable oil)
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- ¼ Cup Grape Nuts
- 2 T chopped pecans
- 1) Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2) Combine cereal and milk; let sit for about 3 minutes.
- 3) Meanwhile, mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- 4) Mix together egg, yogurt, oil, and brown sugar and combine well. Stir into cereal mixture until well blended. Add all to flour mixture and raisins; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.)
- 5) Spoon into 12 muffin cups sprayed with non stick cooking spray, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- 6) Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
These muffins are the perfect breakfast or any time treat (like before heading to the theater to watch Sing). They are sweet, but don’t have loads of sugar in them. They are soft but they have a little bit of crunch too. They are also kid approved, passing inspection by one very picky little girl. We will definitely be making these on repeat.
For more great ideas on how you can use Post Cereal any time, check out the #CerealAnytime Pinterest board.
Are you excited to go see Sing in theaters?!
Sharing our favorite new #muffin recipe! #ad #SingWithPost #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias Click To Tweet