Welcome back for another week of ‘All Things Pumpkin’! Over the past week I’ve had fall scents going constantly and made up multiple pumpkin treats just because it is October and I can. I mean do you really need a reason other than that?!
I am SO excited to share today’s recipe with you for a few different reasons. First, this is the very first time I have made Oreo truffles. Secondly, the husband, who doesn’t share the same love for pumpkin that I do, was crazy about this recipe. Can you say winner?!
I think my favorite part about this recipe was Russ’ favorite part too. They have just enough fall flavor too them without being over the top pumpkin spice in your face. The recipe actually doesn’t even have pumpkin in it. I definitely see more batches of these in the next couple months. They would be perfect for a just because treat, a dessert to take to a party, or a simple way to spread some fall cheer to a friend.
- 1 Package Golden Oreos
- 1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Package of Vanilla Almond Bark
- 1/4 Cup Crushed Ginger Snaps
- 1) In a food processor pulse the Oreo cookies until they are finely crushed.
- 2) Mix in the cream cheese and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
- 3) Refrigerate overnight or until well set.
- 4) Roll into 25-30 round balls and refrigerate again for at least an hour.
- 5) Dip the truffles into the melted almond bark, shake of excess melted bark, and allow them to dry on wax paper or silicone mats. Sprinkle with the crushed ginger snaps before they set.
- 6) Once they are totally dry store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- For more pumpkin spice flavor add more pumpkin spice to your batch.
- Try freezing the truffles before dipping them to make things less messy!
These truffles were so easy to make and they taste like you really put a lot of thought and effort into them. Those kinds of recipes are always my favorite. I did find the process of dipping the truffles to be a little bit tricky but that was nothing that a few ginger snap crumbs couldn’t cover up. Now you know why truffles have sprinkles or toppings on them ;).
Do you make Oreo Truffles?
Have you ever tried pumpkin spice ones?
Be sure you check out last weeks Pumpkin Mummy Hand Pie recipe if you missed it!
Oreo truffles have never tasted so good. Check out this new #pumpkinspice #recipe! #Oreo #nom Click To Tweet
Now comes the confusing part. There are actually two link-ups going on in this post. Hello never tried before craziness. I’ve tried to label them and separate them with a photo to keep everything clear. The first is Tuesday Talk, followed by All Things Pumpkin. If you are here for the pumpkin party I’d encourage you to add your post to both. Why not!
Tuesday Talk Link-up:
All Things Pumpkin Link-Up: