It’s week three of ‘All Things Pumpkin’ and I am back with another recipe. I told y’all I would probably just share pumpkin recipes for this link-up. Any excuse to bake all of the pumpkin things! Originally I planned to share a pumpkin scone recipe today. Beth fact: I LOVE scones. I even have a whole Pinterest board just for scone recipes. But I decided to stray away from sweet treats and make something a little more versatile.
Pumpkin biscuits, also known as little round fluffy pillows of love. I am so happy that I ended up making biscuits instead of scones. Essentially they are the same exact thing only these aren’t covered with icing. These biscuits are perfect for breakfast, an afternoon treat, or pair them with a rich and hearty vegetable soup. It works, I promise.
What I may love even more than the actual biscuits is the honey cinnamon butter I made to go with them. I have always joked with the girls that my real favorite food is butter. This butter brings my love to an entirely whole new level. I mean seriously, where have you been all my life cinnamon honey butter. The biscuits are good, but the butter is even better.
This recipe is a dynamic duo. You could make one without the other, but together they are the perfect team.
- 1 3/4 Cups flour
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 Cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 Cup buttermilk
- 1 Stick of butter
- 1/8 Cup powder sugar
- 1/8 Cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1) Preheat oven to 425.
- 2) Whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- 3) Cut in butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- 4) Mix the pumpkin and the buttermilk together.
- 5) Add the buttermilk-pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- 6) Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured service. Knead the dough a bit adding small amounts of flower as needed. Pat or roll out to 1-inch thickness and cut out biscuits. Place on a greased or lined baking sheet.
- 7) Bake for about 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Beat all ingredients together until well combined. Store in a covered dish in the refrigerator.
So good, so easy, so versatile!
What are you waiting for, give them a try today!
Sharing a #recipe for #pumpkin biscuits and cinnamon honey butter! #nom #sogood #pumpkineverything Click To Tweet
Don’t forget to check out my other ‘All Things Pumpkin’ recipes
Now comes the confusing part. There are actually two link-ups going on in this post. Hello never tried before craziness. I’ve tried to label them and separate them with a photo to keep everything crystal clear. The first is Tuesday Talk, followed by All Things Pumpkin. If you are here for the pumpkin party I’d encourage you to add your post to both. Why not!
Tuesday Talk Link-up:
All Things Pumpkin Link-Up