This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCan #CollectiveBias
The winter months can be long, cold and oh so busy. Sometimes it can be hard to find the time (and motivation) to get in the kitchen and make a good meal for my family. Anyone else ever feel that way? I sure hope so.
But every once in a while you find one of those recipes that isn’t difficult or fussy. It can be prepared in less than half an hour, your kids eat it and it gives you all the comfort that a warm meal should. Those are the recipes I count on when I’m having one of those long, busy days.
Today I want to share one of those recipes with you.
My favorite part of this recipe is the convenience, my family’s favorite part is the taste. I just love it when everyone wins. These Tex-Mex Joes also make amazing leftovers too (if there is any left) which is always a win in my book.
To get started on this recipe all you need is a few key ingredients some of which you may already have on hand, but if you don’t you can always grab them at Wal-Mart. Oh the convenience of Wal-Mart gets me every time and makes this mama’s life so much easier.
MANWICH and RO*TEL were on this weeks shopping list and I even grabbed a few extra cans of each. You never know when a quick dinner may be a necessity, so I like to have plenty on hand just in case.
I also grabbed some buns from the bakery aisle too.
Wal-Mart’s bakery keeps and amazing stock of baked goodies. We decided on the sesame seed buns and Emily was completely convinced she could take one of those seeds and plant a sesame tree.
With our supplies in cart we headed home and got to work. First up was chopping the onions.
I have always HATED chopping onions! My eyes water and water, I want to rub them and if I do I end up with a messed up contact. I had almost given up until I discovered this simple trick…
Did you know that if you cut onions by a candle you won’t tear up?
Your onion cutting will also be about 99% more glamorous too. Just don’t turn out the lights m’kay?!
Candle to the rescue our onions were cut in no time. I didn’t cry and my kitchen now smelt of pumpkin waffles or something like that. I call that winning folks.
Next we started to cook.Sharing one of our favorite easy #comfortfood #recipes on the blog today! #Ad #YesYouCan Click To Tweet
- 1 lb Ground turkey burger (hamburger or chicken work well too)
- 1 Can RO*TEL
- 1 Can MANWICH
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2-1 Tablespoon Red chili sauce (optional)
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- Cheese of your choice
- Salt & Pepper
- 1) Brown the burger (season with salt and pepper to taste) with the chopped onions until no longer pink. Drain off the excess grease.
- 2) Add the MANWICH, 1/2 of a heaping cup of drained RO*TEL, Chili powder and Cumin and mix. The amount of chili powder you use will be determined on the level of spice you want. If you decide to be extra adventurous go ahead and mix in some red chili sauce too.
- 3) Bring mixture to a low boil, turn the heat down and allow to lightly simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 4) Serve on a toasted bun and top with cheese, avocado or any other delicious topping you can think of.
- Makes GREAT leftovers
Such a warm, comforting meal.
When you use great Conagra ingredients like MANWICH and RO*TEL feeding your family something delicious can be so simple.
Canned food + Fresh ingredients + Great tips
Make your family dinners special.
To find more easy recipe to share with your family by checking out the Yes You Can Recipes.
Now it’s your turn to link up for this weeks Tuesday Talk!
Grab the button from my link-up page and join the fun!