It truly is the little things, right?!
With the craziness of a leaking wall in the house and all of the chaos that brought to our lives, I knew a family movie night was just what we needed. So the girls and I headed to Walmart looking for the perfect movie night snacks.
Something salty, something sweet and something refreshing.
Honestly I could have just called it good with this selection and it would have been great. But I had the perfect, simple plan to make our family time even more special. Those are always my favorite recipes. The ones that I can make quickly and the girls squeal and giggle like I slaved for hours in the kitchen.
Plus sprinkles make everything, including popcorn, better.
- 1 Bag Orville Redenbachers Movie Theater Butter Popcorn
- 1 Cup Pretzels
- 3.5 oz container Plain M&M’S® Chocolate Candies
- 3/4-1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Sea Salt
1) Pop the popcorn according to the package directions. I sorted through mine to get any un-popped kernels out.
2) Put 3/4 to 1 Cup (depending on preference) of white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and melt on the defrost setting for 30 seconds at a time stirring often until chips are melted.
3) In a food processor grind up 1/3 cup of M&M’S® Chocolate Candies (this step is optional)
4) Dump half of the popcorn, crushed M&M’S® Chocolate Candies and half of the melted chocolate in a bowl and mix carefully.
5) Add the remainder of the popcorn, pretzels, remaining whole M&M’S® Chocolate Candies and the rest of the chocolate and stir to coat as evenly as possible.
6) Dump onto a lined baking tray and sprinkle with sea salt and rainbow sprinkles. Allow the popcorn set for about 1 hour
7) Break apart and store in an air tight container until movie time!
Sony Pictures, Joe Dirt 2, was a hilarious movie that left Russ and I laughing for days. They say laughter is the best medicine and I would definitely recommend this film if you need a good laugh. Make sure to keep Joe Dirt 2 in mind when you are planning your next movie night.
We loved our snacks, loved our movie and loved our family time together.
What is your favorite family movie night snack?