This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayWithChobani #CollectiveBias
The holiday season is upon us and that means the return of all of our favorite holiday foods, like mashed potatoes. Recently I was thinking about some different ways I could bring new life to my mashed potatoes. Russ is just not a fan of simple, plain potatoes and I can’t say that I blame him. After some thinking I came up with what I thought was the perfect plan and headed to the store in search of a few ingredients.
I went to my local Wal-mart, I always seem to find exactly what I am looking for there and this trip was no different. I grabbed a container of Chobani® Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt and a few other ingredients before heading back home.
I knew Chobani® was exactly what I was looking for. It is a great high protein, low fat option and an excellent substitute for sour cream, mayonnaise or oils making a healthier version of your favorite recipes. I am always looking for ways to sneak more protein into our diet. Chobani® plain has 44% of the daily value of protein and is made with only natural ingredients. Replacing other ingredients with Chobani® is a simple way that I can make a healthier choice for our family.
What I found was the perfect ingredient for this Twice Baked Potato Casserole
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
A simple potato side dish featuring Chobani® Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 6 Russet Potatoes
- 1 Cup (plus extra for garnish) Chobani® Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 8 Strips Cooked Bacon (crumbled)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 to 1 Cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups (divided) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup (divided) Green onions (sliced)
1) Wash potatoes, wrap in foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours.
2) Let the potatoes cool about 15 minutes. Peel, chop and set aside.
3) Mix or mash the potatoes, butter, yogurt, salt & pepper. Adding in 1/2 cup of the milk then continuing to add until the potatoes have reached the desired thickness & creaminess.
4) Stir in 1/3 cup of the green onions and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
5) Spray either 8 ramekins, or a 7×11 (2 quart) pan and scoop the potato mixture into the baking dish(es).
6) Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
7) Remove from the oven, sprinkle with remaining cheese & bacon then continue baking for 5 additional minutes.
8) Garnish with yogurt and green onions before serving.
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 2 hours Yield: 8 servings
The creaminess and flavor of Chobani® yogurt was exactly what I needed to bring our potatoes to the next level. The ways you can use this natural ingredient yogurt to transform your recipes are endless.
How would you use Chobani® yogurt to transform a recipe?
Need some inspiration?