There are few things that I love more than baking during the months of September through December. Pumpkin, apple, and cinnamon are some of my favorite smells and flavors that are just more temptation than I can stand.
Today I want to share with you a super easy, creamy apple bar recipe. The magic starts with a couple apples and a cake mix. You can whip these bars up in a matter of minutes and nobody will have a clue how easy they were to make, until they ask you for the recipe.
And trust me, they will.
1 Box yellow cake mix
1/2 C. Unsalted butter softened
2 Apples, peeled, washed and sliced thinly
1 C. Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 C. Brown sugar
Cinnamon sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut together the cake mix and butter then set 1.5 cups of the mixture aside for later.
3. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of an un-greased pan. I used a 7×11 pan.
4. Lay the apple slices on the cake mixture evenly.
5. Mix the egg and the yogurt together, pour over the top of the apples and evenly spread.
6. Put the 1.5 cups of cake mixture back into a bowl and cut in 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
8. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Typically I store these in the refrigerator, if they last that long.
What is one of your favorite fall recipes to make?
Feel free to leave the link in the comments so I can check it out!